Chicken and dumplings are the two things that have really stuck with me after my adventures in the Sunshine State. I assumed that Florida’s eternal warmth and sunshine would inspire me to kick my “beach body” into gear, but this was not the case.
Every tour has memorable moments. I would love to share a few of those with you that, may or may not, involve my serious relationship with food.
* I dabbed onstage in front of eight hundred high school students in a gown. I looked like an urban mermaid and felt like Beyonce. I have never heard so many humans passionately chanting my name. What a time to be alive!
* The incomparable Greg Triggs wrote a freaking book that I am beyond excited to read! It is called "The Next Happiest Place On Earth" and when it comes out y'all should read it. Maybe we can start a BNHM Book Club and our cast, crew and fans can all read it together and have informative conversations via Twitter or SnapChat.
* I went for a thirty minute run and accidentally ran for one hour. I got burnt by the sun and looked like a weird lobster for part of the trip, but I ran for an hour. Despite the red glow, I was super proud.
* I went to see "Deadpool" with Rob and Greg and we each got our own, large popcorn. Gluttony is alive and well, folks. YOLO.
* Robert freestyle-rapped during the drive from Avon Park to Miami. I have never laughed so hard in my life. Is there anything this fine lad cannot do?
* I spent a lot of time in the CVS Snack aisle. Despite my deliberate decisions I never truly felt like I made the right one.
* Spending time with Deb Rabbai in the ladies dressing room is my favorite thing ever. She is the best and our chats are the best. So many good chats!
* I got home Saturday morning and slept for the rest of the day.
Once again, I thank you Broadway's Next Hit Musical, for a week of memories, indigestion, laughs and beautiful, talented faces. I am living the incredible jean!